JOB TITLE: Medical Advocacy Program Coordinator
HOURS: Full time
CATEGORY: Professional, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Education Manager
The goal of the Medical Advocacy Program is to develop and implement efforts to improve the overall healthcare and medical system response to all victims and survivors of domestic violence in Lackawanna and Susquehanna Counties.
The primary function of this position is to develop and expand the Medical Advocacy Program. The WRC Medical Advocacy Program Coordinator will conduct outreach to engage local hospitals and healthcare facilities as community partners. Training will be provided for healthcare professionals to assist with screening for domestic violence and referrals to WRC Counselor Advocates.
- Attend regular supervision with Education Manager and other team members.
- Gather information from potential partners in the healthcare/medical field and develop relationships across disciplines. Conduct focus groups, phone surveys, or in person interviews to assess strengths and needs around domestic violence and healthcare in Lackawanna and Susquehanna Counties.
- Organize and conduct training for healthcare/medical staff across disciplines in Lackawanna and Susquehanna Counties.
- Develop a healthcare/medical related Task Force focused on domestic violence in both Lackawanna and Susquehanna Counties. Provide leadership for the Task Forces, build strong relationships, and sustain the Task Forces through meetings, trainings, and outreach.
- Develop a systemic response to domestic violence such as screening and assessment protocols and procedures with healthcare/medical partners, community agencies and WRC staff. Develop and facilitate training for healthcare/medical providers on this response.
- Collaborate with healthcare/medical providers on education and prevention efforts.
- Calculate, tabulate and maintain records and files as assigned pertaining to medical advocacy Compile and submit reports as needed.
- Make referrals to Women’s Resource Center advocates or other agencies as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to healthcare/medical providers and staff. Act as a resource person for the healthcare/medical community regarding domestic and dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, harassment and trafficking.
- Attend trainings and professional development opportunities regarding prevention and intervention practices, as well as domestic and dating violence and sexual assault, feminist theory, community resources and other topics related to medical advocacy.
- Work in collaboration with other agencies in the community to conduct outreach activities. Interact in a professional manner.
- *Attend staff meetings, participate in in-service training and volunteer training and attend related professional activities as assigned.
- * Uphold the mission of WRC and abide by WRC policies and procedures outlined in WRC General Operating Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
MEDICAL ADVOCACY PROGRAM COORDINATOR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Education, Public Administration, Social Work or related Human Services field
- Experience and skill in working with professionals in the medical field
- Facilitation and/or conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing. Public Speaking skills and experience.
- Demonstrate ability to work well with people of various ethnic, racial, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Applicant must successfully complete the WRC crisis intervention training within six months of hire.
- Travel is necessary across Lackawanna and Susquehanna Counties and access to reliable transportation is essential.
- Willing and able to engage in community-based activities and efforts that focus on changing social norms, attitudes and behaviors.
- Pass Act 33 and Act 34 Clearances and FBI Background Check.
- Must be willing to schedule working hours to coincide with the priorities of the Center, including evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual preferred
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Women’s Resource Center, Inc.
PO Box 975
Scranton, Pa 18501
Or email to: SarahD@wrcnepa.org
Deadline: Friday July 26, 2019