JOB TITLE: Operations Coordinator
CATEGORY: Non- Exempt
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist the executive director in the administrative management of the agency. The operations coordinator assists the executive director in maintaining schedules, organizing documents, responding to correspondence, and maintaining productive relationships with board members, volunteers, donors and the community at large. Oversees all office systems, equipment purchases and IT contracts.
- Greet program participants, board members, association members and community representatives in a professional and courteous manner.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing correspondence, including electronic mail. Organize and maintain executive director’s files.
- Draft letters, reports and other agency correspondence.
- Type and prepare correspondence and reports as needed.
- Maintain administrative schedules, including executive director’s calendar.
- Maintain agency records and filing system. Assist with grant proposals.
- Schedule and carry out all logistics for WRC meetings as assigned.
- Maintain agency donor base.
- Answer telephone, take necessary messages, maintain records of calls, expedite administrative calls and route messages to appropriate staff members.
- Schedule activities, prepare reports and correspondence and maintain records for the agency’s board of directors and association.
- Responsible for coordinating program directors’ meetings and scribing meeting minutes.
- Responsible for the scribing of all board and committee minutes and dissemination of the same; maintain email addresses for members.
- Attend staff meetings; participate in in-service trainings and professional activities as assigned.
- Oversee agency office systems, equipment purchases and IT contracts.
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR QUALIFICATIONS:
Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
Computer literacy is highly important. Knowledge of a wide variety of software is of significant importance, including Word, Excel and donor software. Must be familiar with wordpress.
A minimum of two years experience in a secretarial role is needed.
Access to reliable transportation is essential.
Strong knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation is necessary. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Fundamental understanding of office methods, procedures and practices is necessary.
Ability to perform basic clerical work involving judgment, accuracy and speed with minimal supervision.
Ability to maintain highly organized records and files and maintain confidential files.
Ability to handle various special projects on an ongoing basis while addressing daily needs for the office.
Ability to type at an accurate speed of 45 words per minute is an absolute minimum requirement.
Ability to transcribe from modern dictating equipment at a high rate of accuracy may be required.
Must pass Act 33, Act 34, and FBI background clearances.
SUBMIT LETTER OF APPLICATION AND RESUME TO:
PO Box 975
Scranton, PA 18501
Or e-mail to Pegr@wrcnepa.org
Deadline: July 12, 2019