JOB TITLE: Middle School Educator
HOURS: Part Time with possible Full time
CATEGORY: Professional, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Education Manager
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Middle School Educator will educate area youth on healthy relationships, safety and risk reduction for dating violence, sexual violence, domestic violence, trafficking and stalking in collaboration with other community agencies. Facilitate the prevention focused Dating Matters program in area schools using the evidence informed curriculum. Assist middle school aged victims of sexual and domestic violence, dating violence, trafficking and stalking who participate in the Dating Matters program. Take part in providing professional development trainings for school staff.
1. Facilitate Dating Matters program, an evidence informed curriculum, in area middle schools. Interact in a professional way with school staff and students
2. Be prepared for classes including outlining and reviewing Dating Matters lesson plans. Prepare materials including making copies of handouts and worksheets. Maintain program supplies and equipment. Conduct pre- and post-tests.
3. Attend regular supervision with Manager of Education and other team members.
4. Calculate, tabulate and maintain records and files as assigned pertaining to education programs. Compile and submit reports as needed.
5. *Provide crisis intervention and individual empowerment counseling to middle school aged victims of sexual and domestic violence, dating violence, trafficking and stalking who are impacted by the trauma.
6. Make referrals to the Women’s Resource Center or other agencies as needed.
7. *Maintain client case records. Assist with collection of data for progress reports regarding victim’s knowledge on dynamics of healthy relationships, violence and safety measures.
8. Act as a resource person for staff regarding adolescent dating violence, domestic & sexual violence.
9. Attend trainings and professional development opportunities regarding prevention and education practices, as well as domestic and dating violence and sexual assault, feminist theory, community resources and other topics related to adolescents and teens.
10. Work in collaboration with other agencies in the community working with adolescents and teens and to conduct outreach activities.
11. *Attend staff meetings, participate in in-service training and volunteer training and attend related professional activities as assigned.
12. * Uphold the mission of WRC and abide by WRC policies and procedures outlined in WRC General Operating Manual.
13. Other duties as assigned.
MIDDLE SCHOOL EDUCATOR QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Education, or related Human Services field
• Experience and skill in working with pre-teens/teens and/or victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
• Facilitation and/or conflict resolution skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing. Public Speaking skills and experience.
• Demonstrate ability to work well with people of various ethnic, racial, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Applicant must successfully complete the WRC crisis intervention training within six months of hire.
• Travel is necessary and access to reliable transportation is essential.
• Willing and able to engage in community-based activities and efforts that focus on changing social norms, attitudes and behaviors.
• Pass Act 33 and Act 34 Clearances and FBI Background Check.
• Must be willing to schedule working hours to coincide with the priorities of the Center, including evenings and weekends.
• Bilingual preferred